The law protects the relationship between a client and a psychotherapist, and information cannot be disclosed without written permission.
• Suspected child abuse or dependant adult or elder abuse, for which I am required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
• If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, I must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
• If a client intends to harm himself or herself, I will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in ensuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, I will take further measures without their permission that are provided to me by law in order to ensure their safety.
• When a valid court order is issued
• When you give written consent to release information
• When disclosure is made in a medical emergency
• When your counselor seeks consultation with another professional regarding your case